Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 13 - Tuesdays aren't "good" days in yogic tradition

Day 13
Tuesdays are known to be superstitious days in the Ashtanga (Indian) tradition - So, maybe that explains my weird ass day.

Click here to check out the superstitions behind Tuesday

I was driving to the salon after work. Desperately hungry; I pulled over at a gas station on Al Khail road to grab some stale veggies from the convenience store there. Traffic in Dubai was ridiculous today and sure enough - there was an unorganized mess of honking cars waiting to fill their tanks.

Attempting to skip the line up and get straight to the "pronto" convenience store, I cut in front of a guy in a black Audi - intentionally. And he showed me NO mercy. He stuck his hand out the window and gestured vigorously as I looked away. A few minutes later, he pulled up beside me at the parking lot and I immediately got out of my car to apologize. The man looked furious - maybe this was a bad decision.

"SORRY!! I didn't mean to piss you off" I said to him with my sweetest smile.

Two quick glances at my face and a full-body scan later, the once furious dude was smiling and telling me it was okay and asking me about my day. He later told me that if I wasn't "beautiful" - I wouldn't be forgiven.

Ummm....Thanks?

I was really hoping he would say "your inner peace and calmness reached out to me and brought happiness into my life". No? Just my bum? ok.

It's sad how much you can get away with by just being a woman!

I did my practice at 8.30pm in my yoga room at home and it was a little nauseating after the convenience store veggies. I skipped my inversions to avoid puke-asana.


Namaste x

my bae is back in town tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment